CCS Ltd. makes no warranty or representation in respect of the completeness, accuracy, currency, suitability or interpretation of data in any form communicated through this website. While CCS Ltd. has made all reasonable efforts to provide accurate data, all and any information is provided for guidance purposes only and financial data particularly must be interpreted at the reader’s own risk as CCS Ltd. accepts no responsibility, for actions taken on provision of such data.
CCS Ltd. hereby excludes all liability for any loss or damages of any kind whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use of this web site or the information, content or materials included on this site.
All information, including logo’s, trademarks, photographs, as well as text provided herein may not be copied, reproduced or distributed without the express permission of CCS Ltd.
The use of this web site is governed by English law.
Hounslow Library Network provides access to Internet resources in libraries in accordance with our mission to provide opportunities for learning and living to library users.
Internet access is free and is available to all. Users who are not library members must produce adequate identification (passport, driving licence, ID card etc.) on first use and will be issued with a user card to be shown on future occasions. Library members must have their membership upgraded before using the Internet.
Users under the age of 18 must submit a consent form signed by a parent or guardian, together with proof of that person’s signature (homework diary, passport, driving licence, cheque guarantee card etc). before using the Internet, even if they are library members.
Printing is charged at 12p per A4 black and white sheet and 25p per A4 colour sheet. All printing must be paid for.
Hounslow Library Network has no control over the quality of information accessed through the Internet.
The Internet offers access to many valuable local, national and international sources of information. However, some information found on the Internet may be inaccurate, incomplete, dated or offensive to some individuals. The information user must evaluate the validity and appropriateness of information found.
Hounslow Library Network provides access to web-based e-mail services, but does not offer access to network games, and chatrooms/discussion groups or, social networking sites and advises caution in the use of online financial transactions or contracts.
Hounslow Library Network operates filtering software to guard against illegal and offensive sites. We subscribe to a 3rd party filtering service but please be aware that no filtering service can be 100% efficient or up to date as the internet is a constantly changing medium. We cannot guarantee that material capable of causing offence will be suppressed. You are responsible for your own viewing and for that of users under 18 in your care.
If you feel, however, that a site has been unnecessarily filtered, please report this to staff who will investigate further.
Links to useful sites are provided in order to help you use the Internet.
User responsibilities and Code of Conduct
Due to the limited resources available for provision of public access to the Internet, we reserve the right to limit the amount of time an individual user can devote to a single session.
All users must agree to a code of conduct for use of free Internet services.
You may not:
- Use computers to make unauthorised entry into other computers or networks.
- Use the library’s Internet resources to conduct a business or commercial enterprise, or engage in commercial activity such as the distribution of advertising.
- Attempt to access pornographic, obscene, violent, or racist material. The library staff’s decision as to whether material falls into these categories is final.
- Invade the privacy of others. This includes not misrepresenting oneself as another user and not attempting to modify or gain access to files, passwords or data belonging to others.
- Make any attempt to damage computer equipment or software, or to alter the set-up on library computers.
- Install your own software or tamper with files on the library computers.
- Download files, torrents, magnets, other file descriptors or indexers or use library computers for file sharing.
- Engage in any activity that is harassing or defamatory, including the use of language which could be considered to be obscene, offensive or racist.
- Use the Internet for any illegal activity, including violation of copyright or other rights of third parties.
- Deliberately introduce viruses.
- Use the Library’s address for deliveries.
Violations may result in loss of access. Unlawful activities will be dealt with in an appropriate manner.
Children and Parents/Carers
Parents and carers are ultimately responsible for children’s use of the Internet. Hounslow Library Network uses a filtering system to restrict access to unsuitable material, but the Internet is constantly changing. Hounslow Library Network cannot guarantee that material which you might consider unsuitable will be suppressed. If you are concerned, please supervise your child when they use the Internet.
If you find an unsuitable site please inform a member of staff who will investigate the matter.
The Internet – Information resource
The Internet is vast and unregulated. Hounslow Library Network cannot guarantee the quality of information you may find.
Not all the information available via the Internet is accurate, current or complete.
The Internet is a series of communication links leading to a diverse array of information content. In choosing sources to link to its home pages, the library follows its materials selection guidelines. Beyond this, it is not possible for Hounslow Library Network to monitor or control information accessible through the Internet, nor are we responsible for its content.
The Internet offers access to information that can be personally, professionally and culturally enriching. But, because the Internet is uncontrolled, it also enables access to ideas, information, images and commentary beyond the confines of selection guidelines applied by Hounslow Library Network to its printed and recorded materials.
Ideas, points of view, and images can be found on the Internet which may be controversial and inflammatory. The provision of access does not mean or imply that Hounslow Library Network endorses or sanctions the content or point of view of any of the information or commentary which may be found on the Internet. We cannot always protect individuals from information and images which they might find offensive or disturbing.
Public Internet access terminals must be shared by library users of all ages, backgrounds and sensibilities. Since staff cannot continuously monitor the public’s use of the Internet, individuals are asked to be sensitive of others’ values and beliefs when displaying potentially controversial information or images on public computer screens.
Library staff will intervene if members of the public are found to be abusing the facility by, for example, displaying material liable to cause offence to other library users.
Staff will assist library users in getting started on the Internet. Staff will try to answer specific questions about the Internet and offer suggestions for effective searching. Staff can also provide information about Internet training opportunities and Internet books and manuals. However, they are not able to give computer training nor to carry out extensive research.
The Library is able to offer web-based e-mail accounts to library users. Users are expected to observe this Internet Use Agreement in all use of e-mail facilities on library premises.
Users should be aware that the Internet is not a secure medium and that third parties may be able to obtain information regarding users’ activities.
However, we will not release information on the use of specific Internet resources by members of the public except as required by law or necessary for the proper operation of the Library.
Because security in an electronic environment such as the Internet cannot be guaranteed, all transactions, files and communications are vulnerable to unauthorised access. Users undertake such transactions at their own risk.
E-commerce and Trading
Many Internet services now include the opportunity to buy goods or services. Please do NOT use the library address for the delivery of any goods you purchase.
Fraud on the Internet is widespread and you are advised against the use of library computers for Internet purchasing other than through established accounts which do not require you to enter a credit card number.
You are warned not to enter into any legally binding agreement with any provider of services on the Internet unless you have full confidence that they intend to be bound by its terms.
We have no responsibility (to the extent permitted by law) to compensate you (whether or not we are negligent) for any direct financial loss, loss of profit, revenue, time, anticipated savings or profit or revenue, opportunity, data, use, business, wasted expenditure, business interruption, loss arising from disclosure of confidential information, loss arising from or in connection with use of the service or inability to use or access the service or a failure, suspension or withdrawal of all or part of the service at any time or damage to physical property or for any other similar direct loss that may arise in relation to this agreement whether or not we were advised in advance of the possibility of such loss or damage.
Compliance with the Library Policy and Guidelines
The Library reserves the right to take appropriate action to ensure compliance with the policy, including withdrawing the right to access the Internet.
We will contact the police in cases which involve illegal activity.
The London Borough of Hounslow, Hounslow Community Services and CCS Ltd. accept no responsibility or liability for any matter, claim, action, proceeding, demand, damage, loss, cost, charge or expense which any person may suffer or incur, either directly or indirectly, through the use of this service.
Questions, comments and concerns
Hounslow Library Network wants to know what you think of its Internet service. Please feel free to ask questions or raise concerns at any time. If your concern cannot be resolved immediately by a staff member, please complete a comments form so that the matter can be raised with a senior manager.
You will soon need to have a library membership card to access our Wifi.
See a member of staff to join now – it’s absolutely free !
By using this service you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- You will not hold London Borough of Hounslow. Hounslow Community Services or CCS Ltd. liable for any damages or actions which may result from your use of this service. We do not guarantee that this service will work on every computer or with every wireless network adapter. This service is provided as is, with no warranty expressed or implied.
- You are responsible for making sure any equipment you use to access the service is: suitable for use with the service; adequately protected against external threats including but not limited to viruses, worms, trojans; adware; spyware; malware; and meets any instructions for its use.
- The service does not prevent you from having extra security e.g. firewalls on your equipment.
- We cannot guarantee access to any Wi-Fi access point for you to use the service, or guarantee that service will continue to be available from any Wi-Fi access point .
- Occasionally, for operational reasons we may have to: interrupt the service and if we do so, we will restore it as quickly as we can; change the code or access numbers; or make minor changes to certain technical specifications, including any data-transfer limits which may be associated with the service.
- The service may be impaired by geographic, atmospheric or other conditions or circumstances beyond our control.
- Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee that the service will never be faulty.
- Due to the nature of the service, you accept that we cannot guarantee the security of the service against unlawful access or use. You should make sure that you have adequate security to prevent unlawful access to your computing equipment or disclosure of confidential information.
- You accept that we have no control over the information transmitted via the service and that we do not examine the use to which you put the service or the nature of the information you send or receive. We have no obligation to compensate you for such information and such use.
- You accept that we do not guarantee the integrity, authentication and confidentiality of the information, files and data (including credit card numbers and PINs) you may wish to exchange over the internet.
- You will not use this service to access networks that do not belong to you, or that you would otherwise not be entitled to access.
- You must not use the service or allow the service to be used: in any way which breaks any law or the conditions of any licence or rights of others, or our Public Internet Use Policy (listed here >; which we may amend from time to time); to make offensive, indecent, menacing, nuisance or hoax calls or to cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, or use any material which is offensive, abusive, indecent, defamatory, obscene or menacing; or in any way that we reasonably think is, or is likely to, adversely affect how we provide the service to you or any other Library users.
- We have no responsibility (to the extent permitted by law) to compensate you (whether or not we are negligent) for any direct financial loss, loss of profit, revenue, time, anticipated savings or profit or revenue, opportunity, data, use, business, wasted expenditure, business interruption, loss arising from disclosure of confidential information, loss arising from or in connection with use of the service or inability to use or access the service or a failure, suspension or withdrawal of all or part of the service at any time or damage to physical property or for any other similar direct loss that may arise in relation to this agreement whether or not we were advised in advance of the possibility of such loss or damage.
- We do not guarantee that the service will be compatible with your equipment or any software that you may use. We cannot guarantee performance of the internet or that you will be able to use the internet. Using the internet is at your own risk.
- No download of illegal, protected or copyright material.
- If you do not agree to these conditions, you must not use this service.
The following Statements form part of these Terms and Conditions:
What's On Guide & Hounslow Highlights
Sign up for
Get regular updates by email on events and activities in the borough. Simply join the mailing list.
Sign up for
our younger person's
Get regular updates by email on events and activities in the borough for younger people. Simply join the mailing list.